Regulatory Affairs Specialist – REACH Regulation
Location: Wesel near Düsseldorf
- Ensure REACH compliance of products to secure the right to manufacture and import chemical substances in the EU and other regions where regulations similar to REACH are adopted (UK, Turkey, Eurasia, etc.)
- Support and assist BYK's sourcing and production strategy with relevant parties
- Communicate consistent and compliant information to BYK customers and internal parties
- Assess and provide REACH OR services to support the business
- Communicate with external consultants and services
- Work closely with R&D on NPD to ensure all regulatory aspects are met
- Interact on behalf of BYK with national and international committees, industrial trade associations, agencies as well as governmental organizations
- Successfully completed studies in natural sciences, e.g. chemistry, toxicology or similar, preferably with a PhD
- Profound professional experience in the field of REACH
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IUCLID and ideally SAP knowledge
- Proficient in English; additional language skills are an advantage
- Excellent communication and (re)presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities
- A good team player who can work well in an international environment – independently and as part of a multi-functional team
- Self-driven personality looking for solutions for complex topics
- Strong sense of confidentiality
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction. BYK offers you a lot of advantages. They include pleasant-sized operations where employees get to know each other personally and exchange ideas, short information and decision-making paths, comprehensive further education and training offers, flexible working hours with flextime and an impressive compensation with good employee benefits and pension plans.
BYK, as part of the ALTANA Group, is a leading global supplier of specialty chemicals. Our innovative BYK additives improve scratch resistance and surface gloss, the mechanical strength or flow behavior of materials, and properties such as UV- and light stability or flame retardancy.
BYK has a global network of subsidiaries and employs a workforce of more than 2,500 people worldwide.
As a first step, please apply briefly and concisely with your CV via our job portal www.altana.jobs. We look forward to meeting you!
BYK-Chemie GmbH | Annika Conrad | HR | Phone: +49 281 670-26016
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.